**AECOM** is seeking an Assistant Resident Engineer to be based in Oakland, CA and Sacramento, CA
**At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world.**
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We’re one global team – 50,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
* Under limited supervision, conducts work requiring independent evaluation, selection, adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures and criteria.
* Assist the Resident Engineer in their duties.
* Participate in submittal, RFI, RFC, construction submittal reviews, claim reviews and draft responses for review by the Resident Engineer.
* Monitor and report on construction progress.
* Participate in meetings.
* Coordinate the work of field inspectors.
* Assist the RE in managing project field staff and perform field inspection and documentation of Contractor's activities.
* Perform field measurements for quantity calculations and reporting for pay estimates.
* Communicate effectively with the project team, including Clients, Contractors, and Project Stakeholders.
* Works on projects of substantial complexity.
* May assume lead responsibilities for a team of engineers and professional support personnel.
* Provide quality inspection to ensure that job is being built in accordance with approved plans.
* BA/BS + 6 years or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education.
* Must possess a valid california driver's license
* 6+ years of experience with construction of highways/roads/bridges.
* Able to effectively communicate and negotiate with contractors and clients.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office tools (i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
* Experience with Caltrans highway/bridge construction and maintenance projects.
* Extensive knowledge of highway/bridge design, construction and material.
* Thorough knowledge of Caltrans specifications & construction contract administration procedures.
* Relocation is not available for this position
**What We Offer**
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed. You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients. We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business. We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career. When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers – leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let’s get started. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
**Job Category** Engineering - Construction
**Business Line** Transportation
**Business Group** Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
**Country** United States of America
**Position Status** Full Time
**Requisition/Vacancy No.** 272456BR
**Additional Locations** US - Sacramento, CA - 2020 L St
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.