AECOM is actively seeking a highly talented Construction Manager to support county projects for Mendocino, Sonoma, and potentially other area Counties in the State of California. This position can be based in Sacramento, Oakland, or San Francisco CA, with frequent travel to job sites throughout Mendocino, Sonoma, and potentially other area Northern California Counties.
**At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world.**
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We’re one global team – 47,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
* Handles the day to day tasks on this construction project in a timely manner.
* Works closely with the Project Manager.
* Produces deliverables on time and within budget.
* Works with the Architect to coordinate responses to contractor questions.
* Provides document control for the project.
* Assists the Owner in the review and resolution of issues and questions.
* Works collaboratively at the site during the construction phase and coordinates work activities with the client and all stakeholders.
* Attends weekly Progress Meetings. Reports to the Owner and provides meeting minutes.
* Tracks and manages all submittals and maintains submittal log.
* Evaluates, estimates, and analyzes change requests, prepares Potential Change Order files and Change Orders and logs. Manages the process to resolution.
* Processes all Requests for Information during construction, tracks open items and maintains logs on a daily basis.
* Reviews Contractor’s baseline schedule and provide comments. Reviews monthly schedule updates and develops independent schedule analyses as needed.
* Develops the schedule for Owner furniture and equipment.
* Prepares the Monthly Report and submits to the Owner.
* Coordinates all incoming and outgoing documents as assures documents are received and retained in Document Control.
* Provides closeout support including receiving as-built documentation, warranties, training, attic stock and other required documentation.
* Manages the turn-over of all archive documents to the Owner.
* Works closely with the Client’s Project Manager or representative and builds a trusting relationship.
* Other duties as assigned.
+ Bachelor’s Degree + 4 years of related experience executing public works construction projects or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education.
+ Previous experience working collaboratively on-site during construction coordinating work activities with client and all stakeholders, to include providing project closeout support
+ Valid Driver License required
+ Experience executing small projects in the $10-20 mil range.
+ Experience executing Design-Build projects.
+ Planning & Scheduling and Estimating experience.
+ Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management.
+ Experience with Bluebeam, P6 and Microsoft Office.
+ Previous experience supporting County projects in the State of California.
+ Ability to travel 50% of time between Mendocino, Sonoma, and other Counties in Northern California.
+ This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
+ Relocation assistance is not offer for this position.
+ This position may be subject to a pre-employment Motor Vehicle Registration Screening.
**What We Offer**
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers – leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let’s get started.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
**Job Category** Construction Management
**Business Line** PPM
**Business Group** Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
**Country** United States of America
**Position Status** Full Time
**Requisition/Vacancy No.** 269238BR
**Additional Locations** US - Oakland, CA - 1333 Broadway, US - San Francisco, CA - 100 Pine Street
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.