**AECOM** is seeking a Geotechnical Engineer to be based in Sacramento, CA
**At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world.**
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We’re one global team – 47,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
**The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:**
* Conduct field exploration, collect samples, analyze data, and review geotechnical samples for laboratory testing
* Develop material properties for soil and rock and evaluate the stability of slopes and foundations
* Prepare drafts of portions of technical proposals, reports, regulatory agency permits, as well as less complex external and internal documents.
* Coordinate and integrate geotechnical evaluations results into civil design through the collaboration of other geotechnical, structural, mechanical, and electrical designs.
* Develop tangible engineering design skills through periodic field experience. This may include construction support (verification of design implementation, adherence to quality, contractor/owner engagement), site inspections, and geotechnical investigations. Also provide construction support from the office by adapting designs to field conditions.
* Recognize potential opportunities for additional work within an existing project or for an existing client.
* Engage in regional projects with other offices and disciplines.
* Demonstrate ability to build trusting working relationships with clients and colleagues.
* Execute assignments with a critical eye while applying standard techniques, procedures and criteria to carry out engineering tasks.
* Field exploration and/or Construction observation/reporting for field durations of up to a month
* Candidate will have an opportunity to be involved in the construction of in-house designs, which will build on existing client relationships and lead to future projects.
+ Bachelor's degree in Civil/Geotechnical/Geological Engineering
+ 2+ years of related experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
+ Valid driver's license required
+ Master's degree in Geotechnical Engineering
+ Engineer-in-Training (EIT) or Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) preferred, or ability to obtain within 6 months.
+ Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office tools
+ Experience using geotechnical software.
+ Sponsorship is not offered for this role.
+ Relocation is not available for this role.
**What We Offer**
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers – leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let’s get started.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
**Job Category** Engineering - Civil
**Business Line** Water
**Business Group** Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
**Country** United States of America
**Position Status** Part-Time
**Requisition/Vacancy No.** 270371BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.