**AECOM** is seeking a Senior Climate Adaptation Specialist based in San Francisco, California. The selected candidate will join the Sustainability and Climate Group, part of AECOM’s Urbanism + Planning practice within Buildings + Places. The primary emphasis of the group is to promote resilience, socioeconomic and environmental sustainability in urban design, city planning, and policy projects. This is accomplished through employing climate assessment, rigorous economic and strategic planning techniques and developing innovative analytical approaches to providing solutions for delivering sustainability in varied domestic and international contexts.
**At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world.**
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We’re one global team – 47,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
* The Senior Climate Adaptation Specialist will focus on climate adaptation and resilience planning primarily for local government and other public agencies, although experience with private sector welcomed.
* Qualified candidates will have excellent analytical and writing skills with a professional consulting background in climate change adaptation. Urban planning, or policy modeling/design also useful.
* The candidate must have a demonstrated expertise in sustainability, with a particular emphasis on climate change.
* Bachelor’s degree in city and regional planning, environmental policy, environmental engineering or related, plus six (6) years of related experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
* Experience consulting on adaptation planning essential, particularly policy and program design
* Experience consulting on climate change vulnerability and risk assessments that consider an array of climate impacts, including sea level rise, precipitation, and temperature and development of adaptation strategies to reduce impacts
* Master’s degree in a relevant field from an accredited university
* Demonstrated knowledge of local government or corporate climate change/sustainability policy and program development
* 10+ years of experience at a planning consulting firm, or equivalent with demonstrated experience managing projects, conducting and/or overseas
* Relocation assistance is not available for this role.
**What We Offer**
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers – leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let’s get started.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
**Job Category** Cost Management and Consulting Services
**Business Line** B&P - Buildings & Places
**Business Group** Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
**Country** United States of America
**Position Status** Full Time
**Requisition/Vacancy No.** 265165BR
**Additional Locations** US - San Francisco, CA - 150 California Street
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.